From Commander, Navy Installatons Command Headquarters Public Affairs
WASHINGTON (NNS) — Navy Housing announced Jan. 30 several staff members were recognized by their industry peers for their service n 2012.
The Professional Housing Management Association (PHMA) announced the winners of its annual awards last week, which reward superior service and achievement in military housing.
“Navy Housing is dedicated to being an advocate for service members and their families, wherever they live around the world,” said Corky Vazquez, CNIC N93 Housing program manager. “Having our employees’ exemplary dedication recognized by an organization like PHMA is rewarding. I offer my sincerest congratulations to all of the 2012 military housing award winners.”
Navy Housing congratulates all of its PHMA awardees:
- Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Housing Department: Winner, Outstanding Housing Installation Team – Traditional Locations.
- Joint Base Charleston-Weapons Family Housing/Balfour Beatty Communities: Winner, Outstanding Housing Installation Team – Privatized Locations.
- Jesse Hopkins, Naval Air Station Key West: Winner, Outstanding Housing/Billeting Employee.
- Culinary Specialist 1st Class Deforest L. Pittman, Commander Fleet Activities, Yokosuka Japan: Winner, Outstanding Mid-Level Housing Manager.
- Kelly Knowland, Naval Explosive Ordnance Disposal School, Eglin Air Force Base: Winner, Outstanding Senior Housing Manager.
For more news from Commander, Navy Installations Command, visit www.navy.mil/local/cni/.
Story Number: NNS130130-13