By Commander, Navy Installations Command Public Affairs
WASHINGTON (NNS) — Navy Housing announced Feb. 7 that several staff members were recognized by their industry peers for their service in 2013.
The Professional Housing and Management Association (PHMA) announced the winners of its annual awards in January, which reward superior service and achievement in military housing.
“Navy Housing is dedicated to being an advocate for service members and their families,” said William Pearson, Acting Director of Navy Housing. “2013 had its share of challenges with budget cuts and sequestration at the forefront, but our professional staff, located around the world, rose to the occasion to provide exemplary service. I offer my sincerest congratulations to all of the 2013 military housing award winners.”
Navy Housing congratulates all of its PHMA awardees:
- Senior Housing Manager of the Year – Mr. Douglas Plodzik, Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL
- Mid-Level Housing Manager of the year – CS1 (SW) Kevon Henry, Commander Fleet Activities, Yokosuka, Japan
- Outstanding Billeting Manager of the Year – Mr. Omar Batres, Mitchel Field Complex, NY
- Outstanding Housing Installation Team “Traditional” – Naval Support Activity Souda Bay, Greece
- Outstanding Housing Installation Team “Privatized” – Naval Submarine Base New London Family Housing Team
Find the full list of winners on PHMA.com.
Story Number: NNS140207-14 Release Date: 2/7/2014